- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Butter or coconut oil
- Sea / Himalayan Salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini / summer squash thinly sliced or spiraled
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat butter or coconut oil over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, and slice thinly.
- Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan, and basil. Serve.
Credit: Adapted from Martha Stewart