Dark leafy greens are linked to benefits such as: cancer prevention, improved circulation and blood purification, strengthened immune system, improved liver, gall bladder and kidney function, and the promotion of healthy intestinal flora. So, eat up!
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- about 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup in a proportion of your choosing: toasted pine nuts & toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup in a proportion of your choosing: toasted sesame seeds, chia seeds & hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup goji berries
- 1/4 - 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tbs GF tamari or Braggs Liquid Aminos (smilar to soy sauce)
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- black pepper to taste
Remember, you don't have to have all of these superfoods on hand in order to make a yummy salad. Mix and match to see what works best for you!
Recipe adapted from easyhealthyeats.com